How often have you dreamt of establishing a career in the Middle East? The immense economic potential of UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Sudan, Kuwait, Qatar, etc. lure millions of jobseekers to these Arabic nations. Undoubtedly, they are some of the richest oil-producing areas of the world. And therefore, are excellent places to work in!
But, how can you realize this dream? It’s pretty simple. Just learn the Arabic language. Trust me, it will offer you a firm launchpad to your career – be it in education, baking, journalism, business, Foreign Service, translation and interpretation or any other field, in the Middle East. So, don’t underestimate the significance of the Arabic language friends. Let me share an interesting fact about this language: Arabic is used in over 20 countries. And, the world has around 300 million speakers of Arabic!
I know, collecting the study materials or even engaging a tutor who can help you master Arabic is quite challenging. Why not exploit the web technology to learn this amazing language today? Choose from the numerous websites or apps to start learning Arabic, guys. This way, you can study it anytime, anywhere. The only thing you require is access to the Internet, and that’s all.
Wondering which are the best online resources for learning Arabic? Well, here you go:
1. Busuu.com: It’s one of the best free websites which can help you grasp Arabic, and it boasts of 20 million users across the world. It promises interactive Arabic courses, complete with a grammar guide. Furthermore, it also has an online community, through which you can practice whatever you have learnt in Arabic. Busuu.com offers certificate to language learners after they complete the courses. So, you can now flaunt your online certificate at the conclusion of the course and add weightage to your CV.
2. Livemocha.com: Amateurs as well as intermediate learners can use Livemocha.com – to be skilled enough to read, write and speak this language fluently. For, you will find a beginner and intermediate course in this website. There are a few free exercises provided by both these courses, which can help you brush up your newly acquired knowledge of Arabic. The course for amateurs will teach you Arabic phrases and grammatical skills comprising nouns, prepositions, conjugation, negation, adjectives, plurals and a few others. No wonder it’s so popular amongst language learners.
3. Mylanguageexchange.com: Another website for learning Arabic is mylanguageexchange.com. However, it doesn’t offer any online course as it is a language exchange website. I will tell you how it works. It is a platform which lets you learn the language of other users, only if you are willing to teach them your language! Isn’t it interesting? For instance, if you learn Arabic from one of the users, you can teach them English in return. This is a great idea for people who don’t have time to complete a course.
4. Arabic Conversation Practice App: You can never learn a language properly if you don’t practise conversing in it frequently. iPad app lets you improve your conversational ability in Arabic, especially in ordinary situations like ordering food, inviting a guest, etc. Other such everyday situations are also used, which you might confront in the Arabic countries. First of all, this app makes you work with a model conversation which has Arabic phrases. There are many activities and exercises in this app which would help you be adept in Arabic.
5. Word Trainer Arabic iPad App: If you want to learn the most commonly spoken Arabic words, I suggest you use the Word Trainer Arabic iPad app. It enhances your vocabulary and your pronunciation of Arabic terms, most of which are very common words. It is tailor-made for learners of different ages. So, you can learn the meanings, sounds and spelling of each Arabic word you learn in this app. Not only is it convenient, but also interesting for most users. This app can be download in iPads.
6. Handwriting Workbook: Handwriting Workbook is an excellent online resource which goes a long way in motivating you to learn the Arabic language. It will guide you about how to use every letter of the Arabic alphabets. Plenty of exercises will be offered to you – which will help you practice the Arabic alphabets one by one and even in words and sentences. You can get it in the e-book version, and also in paperback editions.
7. Arabic Online program: Western Michigan University in United States offers an online program which imparts free training in Arabic language. It is known as ‘Arabic Online’ and is offered by the Department of World Languages and Literatures of this university. Audio-visual lectures, authentic texts and exercises are provided by this special online course. You don’t even need to register with the university to enroll into this course. The course curriculum includes detailed topics on Arabic and Egyptian cultures.
Now, learning a new language is much more exciting, thanks to these wonderful online resources. Websites, apps and online courses are all ready to assist you in your learning endeavors – so you are just a click away from those Arabic lessons you’ve always craved to learn.
8. IQRA Network: IQRA’s instructors are second to none in the Islamic community. Each online Quran tutor has graduated from Al-Azhar University in Cairo. The institution’s tradition of learning and nurturing faith has a rich 1,000-plus year history. These tutors are fully versed in the best methods to teach and learn Arabic and the Quran online, furthermore, giving them the skills needed to help any student of any age.
And, if you’re a full-time professional they help you learn Arabic on the go. So, ignore those online learning myths which had stopped you from learning Arabic till date, and enjoy your learning experience!