Time Management Tips for Students
- Apr 16, 2015
- MyPrivateTutor UAE
You must finish your Math assignment and submit it tomorrow, right? At the same time, you must prepare for your English exam. Thirdly, you must attend your tuitions as well. Another thing you cannot afford to miss doing today evening is working on your school project. So you got to finish at least four massive tasks in a single evening, and you have no idea how to get them done!
Of course, you can accomplish all your goals and meet your deadlines despite your hectic schedules. All you require is proper planning for managing your time in the best possible way. You must learn, revise, relax and indulge in your passions at the same time. I mean, you must be able to spend quality time engaged in all your endeavors without being stressed. It would help you reach your target and score higher grades in exams and also encourage you to follow your passion with more enthusiasm.
I agree that time and tide waits for none. Yet, you must try to be the master of time rather than be its slave. It really makes you more successful, be it in your academics or your personal life. Now let us learn about some the time management tips:
- Develop good study habits: Developing good study habits can save your time. You can start by clearing your desk and also cleaning up your room. A tidy room would ensure that you can concentrate well on your study material. Set some time aside every week for revising the lessons you learn at school and study at the same time every day.
- Plan properly: Are you overburdened with excessive workload? Just plan your lessons and try to be more organized. Firstly, make a study routine that includes a fixed time duration for completing your homework, studying for exams as well as learning a new chapter. Also schedule your errands or sports activities so that you don’t miss out on anything.
- Stick to your plan: Now that you have prepared a proper study schedule, stick to it. Do not let peer pressure dominate your lifestyle as it might prove to be detrimental for your academics. Focus on your goals and be determined to achieve them at the earliest. While doing so, also check if your goals assist you in reaching your long-term objectives.
- Get your priorities right: As a high school student, you might be into a lot of activities involving your studies, following your passions as well as socializing with your friends. However, you can emerge as a successful student once you know how to prioritize your life. Give more importance to your academic lessons and plan your other activities once you have finished studying for the day.
- Avoid procrastination: Some students keep putting off their projects or their assignments till the last moment. Now, this is definitely not a wise idea. Delaying your work builds up your anxiety because you start your work when you’re about to reach your deadline.
- Sleep: A relaxed mind works wonders for everybody. So don’t ignore your sleep and grab at least seven hours of sleep at night. Avoid midnight cramming sessions the night before your exams as it hampers your productivity. Lack of sufficient rest might even impact your memory adversely. So make it a point to finish your lessons before 10 p.m. and go to bed on time.
- Be healthy: Never consume junk food just because you don’t have enough time to invest in a balanced diet! Shortage of time cannot be an excuse for avoiding a nutritious diet rich in minerals, vitamins and proteins. Another way to remain physically fit is to practice Yoga. It tones up your muscles, refreshes you and thus helps you get ready for learning about new things every day.
Students who score brilliant grades are always on time for their classes, even before the teacher has entered the classroom. In addition, they submit their projects on time and are much more productive than ordinary students. The secret behind their success is their smart time management strategies. I hope that the time management tips I have shared benefits each one of you. Just develop a positive attitude about your life. Next, follow every tip I have mentioned and discover yourself turning into a great time manager in no time! If you have some more ideas about effective time management, do share them with us in the comments section provided below.
MyPrivateTutor is an online marketplace for all kinds of tutoring and learning services. We provide a platform to help learners find home tutors, online tutors, expert trainers,tutorial centers, training institutes and online tutoring schools. Learners can also find local classes, workshops, online courses and tutorials on a huge variety of topics. We operate in 12 countries worldwide and our community of learners, teachers and training businesses numbers over 200,000. We provide an opportunity for individual tutors and tutoring businesses to promote and grow their business.
Latest posts by MyPrivateTutor UAE (see all)
- Dubai Offers 100 Academic Scholarships for Life - Apr 17, 2019
- “Nursery of the Future”- Opens its Doors in Dubai - Apr 16, 2019
- Beam awards: Most Inspirational Education Leaders at Prestigious Nujoom - Apr 03, 2019
- Equivalency for Indian Degrees in UAE - Apr 02, 2019
- New Licensure and Accreditation Standards for UAE Higher Education Institutions - Apr 01, 2019
MyPrivateTutor is a Free* Service for finding Private Tutors & Coaching Classes
Tell us your learning needs in detail and get immediate responses from qualified tutors and institutes nearbyPost Requirement
*No commission and hidden fees. You pay directly to your tutor